Monday 24 June 2019

Strange Movie Deaths Quiz 5.

Another way to die?

One of the perks of watching a lot of movies is that you see screenwriters getting more and more creative as time goes on. Writers always try to come up with something that hasn’t been attempted/done before. And nowhere has this been more apparent than in the morbid niche of movie storytelling that is: the death scene.
 

I must have seen thousands of people meet their maker on the silver screen during my short life on this earth. Explosions, gunshots, you name it. But there are far more creative ways to kill a human –as movies tell us.

So here I wish to have a little (morbid) quiz. I state ten causes of death and in the spoiler tag below it is the movie it came from. See how many you get.

Theme: famous last words
I want my last words on this planet to be: “I didn’t do that!”
I’ll probably be chanting that phrase all the time on my deathbed.
Some characters in movies have better last words. The final thing to say before they meet their maker. Here are some direct quotations of characters speaking for the last time before the veil drops. See how many you get.

It started with me constantly quoting number three on this list, so I figured I’d might as well make a quiz out of it.

1. “Next time you have a chance to kill someone, don't hesitate.”

Die Hard.

2. “Clever girl...”.

Jurassic Park (I just had to include the best ‘last words ever’).

3. “The German army will not stand for this”

King Solomon’s mines.

4. “You’re thinking of a brick wall!”

The village of the damned (both versions).

5. “Rosebud”

Citizen Kane (Shame, if you didn’t get this one).

6. “I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.”

Django Unchained.

7. “I am killing you.”

The departed.

8. “Oh, good. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.”

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

9. “Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh... I - am - your singing telegram!”

Clue.

10. “A girl?! A girl!...”

Dragonheart.

11. “So, who’s next?”

Final destination.

12. “You forgot the wild card, Will.”

Insomnia.

13. “Uh... I-- I don't know that.”

Monty Python: The quest for the holy grail.

14. “Nose"? That don't rhyme with "walls"!”

Who framed Roger Rabbit?

15. “For England, James?”

James Bond: Goldeneye.

No comments: